Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 2: Insanity Pure Cardio

Man, I did a round of Insanity before, but having not done it in months, I forgot how difficult this really was. I made it through the whole warm up with only stopping for a quick water break during the second round of mummy kicks. My heart rate also got up to 184 during the warm up. For the entire workout (including stretching and cooldown) I averaged a HR of 162. That should definitely come down in the next few weeks as I get more used to this again.

My eating last night was terrible. I ate before the party, but I did binge when I was there. I need to work on being able to say no and not be afraid to be the only one eating well at a gathering. Today I did eat better, although I think it was a little to carb heavy. Here's my eating for the day.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup dry steel cut oats, 3 oz chicken breast (I can't eat eggs too much anymore)

Snack #1: .5 ounces of almonds, 1 100% brown rice cake

Lunch: 1 cup whole wheat couscous, chicken, sliced cucumbers

Dinner: 3 ounces of peppercorn pork loin, 3/4 sweet potato



I definitely need to increase my vegetable intake and I will not eat starchy carbs anymore for dinner. Just meat and vegetables.

Back to work tomorrow and I should get my eating back on track now that vacation is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment