Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Tris & ARX

For my new round, I decided to mix things up and start with what is usually phase 2 strength workouts. This round I will combine mostly P90X strength videos, with some One on Ones, with Insanity Cardio. I need some more variety in my routine and Insanity's cardio is second to none. (Sorry Tony!)

So before starting, I was bad from Thanksgiving until now with working out. Between friends from out of town coming up, coaching swimming everyday, and I guess laziness I really slipped with my workouts and eating. I ended up gaining 11 pounds during that time. When I eat bad, I don't mess around and eat bad. Unfortunately, it wreaked havoc on me.

Before Thanksgiving I was doing at least 20 pushups per set of Tony's 1-1 video 30/15. During today's CST workout, I had a hard time doing more than 15. I lost a lot of strength in my month hiatus. It's frustrating, but I did it to myself. I'll try to remember this feeling when I have the urge to fall off the wagon again.

I forgot just how tough ARX is. My abs have never been in good shape, and my hip flexors are in worse. Man did I feel it in my hips today.

We're heading to a friend's house for a post Christmas party, so I'll do my best to not eat there. I'll have dinner before going and I'll bring some almonds or something with me to help fight any urges that might arise. Insanity Pure Cardio is on deck for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment